Wednesday 12 June 2013

Bob Dylan Quotes

Bob Dylan Quotes"People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent."

"At times in my life the only place I have been happy is when I am on stage."

"Just because you like my stuff doesn't mean I owe you anything."

"Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet."

"Swallow your pride, you will not die, it's not poison."


"I've never written a political song. Songs can't save the world. I've gone through all that."

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."

"I define nothing. Not beauty, not patriotism. I take each thing as it is, without prior rules about what it should be."

"You don't necessarily have to write to be a poet. Some people work in a gas station and they're poets. I don't call myself a poet because I don't like the word. I'm a trapeze artist."

"People can learn everything about me through my songs, if they know where to look."

"I've only written four songs in my whole life, but I've written those four songs a million times."

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is."

2 comments:

  1. "I've only written four songs in my whole life, but I've written those four songs a million times." I listen to a lot of Dylan since the early 60's and now often realise he is reusing words and phrases like 'rooster crowing at the break of day' or the song structure which is great as he as such a big pool of resources to call on. Love it all.

    ReplyDelete