Monday 24 February 2014

George Martin Quotes

George Martin Beatles Quotes"At the beginning, my speciality was the introductions and the endings, and any instrumental passages in the middle."

"If there is one person I would have to select as a living genius of pop music, it would be Brian Wilson."

"Ringo always got and still gets a unique sound out of his drums, a sound as distinctive as his voice."



"The turning point probably came with the song Yesterday. That was when, as I can see in retrospect, I started to leave my hallmark on the music."

"Imagine my delight when I discovered that the sound of a chicken clucking at the end of Good Morning was remarkably like the guitar sound at the beginning of Sgt. Pepper (reprise)."

"With iPods, mini-recorders and all the new technology, people can lie in their bath and make a rock record."

"Looking back on Pepper, it was quite an icon. It probably did change the face of recording so it became a different kind of art form."

"Gradually, things changed. The boys went into their little spheres and there was more of a rivalry brewing between John and Paul."

"A producer's role is still a mystery to most music listeners, isn't it?"

"You know the Beatles seem to find new audience each time another generation comes along."

No comments:

Post a Comment