Saturday 26 October 2013

Chrissie Hynde Quotes

Chrissie Hynde Quotes"I was a single mom with two kids. What else was I going to do? It was either be in a band or be a waitress."

"I have no sense of patriotism, but I do have a sense of community."

"I don't know any guitar player, any of the real greats, who don't rate Joni Mitchell up there with the best of them."

"Do not insist on working with females, that's just more b.s. Get the best man for the job. If it happens to be a woman, great."

"Songwriting isn't my life; it's just something I do. It was a way for me not to be a waitress."


"I don't know anything about guitars, really. A guitar is just a thing, a tool."

"Music is not my life. Being in a rock and roll band is not my life. It's my hobby. I've got a life, thanks."

"I preferred rock when it was in the dark, when it was a secret between me and the audience, when it wasn't mainstream."

"I just want to keep it basic: four players, boom, boom, boom, a couple notes, three chords. It's like a real small bank job. Just enough to get by. Quick in and out."

"I just want to play guitar and be in a band. Same as I always did."


No comments:

Post a Comment