Wednesday 2 October 2013

Simon & Garfunkel Quotes

Paul Simon with Art GarfunkelPaul Simon: "We've survived by believing our life is going to get better."

Art Garfunkel: "I met paul in our school play, Alice In Wonderland. He was this funny guy who cracked me up all the time."

Paul Simon: "Improvisation is too good to leave to chance."




Art Garfunkel: "I was a student at Columbia College, actually, in the architecture school. Paul would drive in from Queens, showing me these new songs. I can't remember us working it out."

Paul Simon: "Artie is a singer, and I'm a writer and a player and a singer. We didn't work together on a creative level and prepare the songs. I did that."

Art Garfunkel: "I hated performimg. I love to sing but I don't love to sing in front of people. I don't have much of a feel for performing."

Paul Simon: "There was no great pressure to stay together other than money, which exerted very little influence upon us. We didn't need the money."

Art Garfunkel: "Paul is like John Lennon. They're feisty. There's a rebellious attitude."

Paul Simon: "The breakup had to do with a natural drifting apart as we got older and the separate lives that were more individual."

Art Garfunkel: "We were tired of working together. We wanted a break from each other."




No comments:

Post a Comment