Friday 14 November 2014

Deep Purple Quotes

Deep Purple QuotesRitchie Blackmore (guitarist): "Combing my hair doesn't make me a better musician."

Ian Paice (drummer): "To be a drummer you also have to be a musician."

Ian Gillan (vocalist 70's, 80's): "Once you get that label of classic rock around your head in America it's like a tombstone."

Ritchie Blackmore: "I found the blues too limiting, and classical was too disciplined."




Roger Glover (bassist): "The classic rock thing doesn't really apply anywhere else in the world except the States."

 Rod Evans (vocalist 1968 - 1969): "Ritchie was obsessed to be a guitarist like Clapton or Beck and to be a star."

Jon Lord (keyboards): "Ritchie thought of Deep Purple. There was a song in the forties by that name, and it was Ritchie's grandmother's favorite song."

Nick Simper (bassist 1968 - 1969): "There is very little music that is new or exciting being created, which has led to increased demand for the older acts who know how to deliver."

David Coverdale (vocalist 1973 - 1976): "I'm always shocked that I'm still asked about Purple because it was such a long time ago."

Glenn Hughes (bassist 1973 - 1976): " Am I the man who killed Deep Purple? I don't think so."

No comments:

Post a Comment