Thursday 6 November 2014

Depeche Mode Quotes

Depeche Mode QuotesDave Gahan: "I still hold on to the idea that a record can really change the way I feel."

Martin Gore: "I don't think I've ever tried to be anything other than a weirdo."

Dave Gahan: "I have to feel the audience. I enjoy that feeling of community."

Andrew Fletcher: "I'm a musician but on the street nobody will recognize me."

Vince Clarke: "In my teens I loved Genesis when Gabriel was in the band, also later actually as well, I was a big Genesis fan."

Dave Gahan: "There's no more record stores. In New York I've watched them slowly disappear."

Andrew Fletcher: "As far as I'm concerned, you can call Depeche Mode also a corporation."

Vince Clarke: "I've got four copies of Dark Side Of The Moon, two of which are unopened."

Martin Gore: "Technology is a bit of a double-edged sword. Used right, it's a wonderful tool, but unfortunately, it makes it easier for a lot of mediocre people to get really crappy ideas out."

Vince Clarke: "A possibility to create a melody you will remember and sing inside in your soul. This is what music is for me, not the sound itself."

Martin Gore: "It was so exciting to go to the record shop and buy a piece of vinyl and hold it, read the liner notes, look at the pictures. Even the smell of the vinyl."

Dave Gahan: "What drives you is to make a great record. That's what still drives me."

No comments:

Post a Comment