Monday 17 November 2014

Quotes From The Rock Group The Cars

Ric Ocasek and the Cars QuotesBenjimen Orr: "Ric is the leader and I don't have a problem with that."

Elliot Easton: "The highest form of guitar soloing is saying something in 16 bars and not wasting a note."

Ric Ocasek: Refusing to ask help when you need it is refusing someone the chance to be helpful."

Greg Hawkes: "Traditions exist so we can go beyond them."

Ric Ocasek: Secrecy is the enemy of efficiency, but don't let anyone know it."

Ric Ocasek: "There were times when I thought it was great fun, but then it became redundant and boring to me."



Elliot Easton: "When I was an early teenager I took some lessons but I didn't really find that I stuck with it all that much. I just wanted to play rock and roll."

David Robinson: "There was no internet when we made our last record. So the way people found music and bought music, and all of the record companies and how they operated has just completely changed."

Ric Ocasek: "Let's make another record and let the past be the past. Of course, we're never going to replace Ben, because he's irreplaceable."

Greg Hawkes: "I would say that one of the main challenges we have is to try to live up to the original Cars legacy and try to play the old songs with authority."

No comments:

Post a Comment