Wednesday 12 November 2014

Velvet Underground Quotes

Velvet Underground and Lou Reed QuotesLou Reed: "I don't like nostalgia unless it's mine."

Maureen Tucker: "When I was playing with the Velvets, I was playing with a group of friends."

Sterling Morrison: "Anybody who needs Bob Dylan to tell him which way the wind is blowing is a serious mental defective."

Lou Reed: "I didn't get in it for the money, and I'm the same way now. I do it for me. Because I like doing it."


John Cale: "If I'm interested in what I'm doing, other people will be interested in it."

Lou Reed: "One chord is fine. Two chords are pushing it. Three chords and you're into jazz."

Nico: "I don't think about the future, I can't think further than tomorrow morning...at the most. I leave that to somebody else."

Sterling Morrison: "I like the Doors. I like Jim Morrison, but for different reasons probably than you people think you like the Doors. I like Jim Morrison, he's real nice."

John Cale: "The only reason we wore sunglasses onstage was because we couldn't stand the sight of the audience."

Lou Reed: "I think life is far too short to concentrate on your past. I rather look into the future."

John Cale: "I like what the future holds. I don't like thinking about the past."

No comments:

Post a Comment