Friday 3 May 2013

Brian Wilson Quotes

"Musically, I am the Beach Boys."

"I went through a lot of changes in the years from when I first started out."

"I couldn't surf, I never learned how."

"That's an important lesson; If you believe in what you're doing, don't let other people stop you."

"I'd earned over a million dollars by the time I was old enough to vote."

"You know Chuck, Buddy, and Elvis paved the road. The roots are deep inside us. It's the rhythm in our soul."

"A voice or a song can be so comforting to someone who really needs it."


"I think because I felt so sad I had to bring out my feelings, and try to create music that would make me and all my friends feel better."

"The Beatles were part of that whole competition thing. Rubber Soul blew my mind. It really made me wanna record; it made me wanna cut. It sounds like a collection of songs that belong together, and it was an uplifting feeling. So I thought I'd make a collection of songs, called Pet Sounds, together."

"Surfer Girl symbolized a mystical place that I have never been to but sung about. Maybe I was there, I don't know. I could have been and not known it."

"I'm not a genius. I'm just a hard working guy."

No comments:

Post a Comment