Sunday 5 May 2013

Joan Jett Quotes

"My guitar is not a thing. It is an extension of myself. It is who I am."

"I love school. I was a great student."

"For me the challenge isn't to be different but to be consistent."

"Before I settled on music. I wanted to be an archaeologist, an astronaut, all sorts of really diverse things."

"Aggressive, tough and defiant may describe me, but that leaves the impression I'm mean and I'm not. People expect me to have fangs."

"Girls see these defined roles they're supposed to follow in life, but when I was a young child, my parents told me I could be anything."


"I think I was born strong-willed. That's not the kind of thing you can learn. The advantage is, you stick to what you believe in and rarely get pushed out of what you want to do."

"I like the way black looks. I think I look better in darker clothes. And maybe the fact that I wear black so much makes me more aware of putting people at ease. The black is sort of a bay guy guise, so I work overtime to make people comfortable."

"Beyond just writing about falling in love and out of love and wanting to do certain things and going out and partying and all the things that I grew up writing about, I want to write about deeper things."

"I plan to stay in music. I plan to keep making records."

No comments:

Post a Comment