Wednesday 1 May 2013

Freddie Mercury Quotes

"I have fun with my clothes onstage; it's not a concert you're seeing, it's a fashion show."

"We've gone overboard on every Queen album. But that's Queen."

"I'm so powerful on stage I seem to have created a monster. When I'm performing I'm an extrovert yet inside I'm a completely different man."

"Years ago, I thought up the name Queen. It's just a name. But it's regal, obviously, and sounds splendid. It's a strong name, very universal and immediate."

"I can't win. Love is Russian roulette for me. No one loves the real me inside. They're all in love with my fame, my stardom."

"The bigger the better, in everything."

"We were disliked by the press in the early days because they couldn't put their finger on us, and that was the case with Zeppelin as well."

"We're confident people will take to us, because although the camp image has already been established by people like Bowie and Bolan, we are taking it to another level."

"I think I'm totally original. I'm sure there are many people who see themselves in me, but that's to them. I'm me, basically, and that's how I like to be."

"The carmen miranda of rock & roll. But what can I say? I'm a flamboyant personally. I like going out and having a good time."

"I won't be a rock star. I will be a legend."

1 comment: