Sunday 18 August 2013

Ringo Starr Quotes

Ringo Starr, The Beatles
"When I was thirteen I only wanted to be a drummer.""

"I never studied anything, really. I didn't study the drums. I joined bands and made all the mistakes onstage."

"I met the Beatles while we were playing in Germany. We'd seen them in Liverpool, but they were a nothing little band then, just putting it together. In fact, they weren't really a band at all."

"I don't collect any memorabilia. I wish I'd have kept everything I had. But who knew you had to keep it."

"When I started, there was rock, there was pop, there was country. That was about all. And now it's divided into 30 categories. Now I don't know one from the other."

"The second side of Abbey Road is my favorite."

"I couldn't put my finger on one reason why we broke up. It was time, and we were spreading out."

"That was a great time. I was in my 20's, had lots of energy. I have great memories of it."

"I am a big Beatles fan."

I'm probably the best rock & roll drummer on earth. I say that now because I used to be embarrassed to speak up for myself."

"Well, I'm getting happier all the time, which is very nice."

No comments:

Post a Comment