Saturday 9 November 2013

Brit Pop Quotes

Blur Oasis Britpop QuotesGaz Coombes (Supergrass): "The Brit pop scene was overrated with a lot of mediocre bands making average music."

Jarvis Cocker (Pulp): "For me, the great thing about music is that anybody can do it."

Thom Yorke (Radiohead): "I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape."


Liam Gallagher (Oasis): "I was walking along and this chair came flying past me, and another, and another, and I thought, man, is this gonna be a good night."

Damon Albarn (Blur): "Being in Blur has allowed me to travel and hear the music that's being made all over the world."

Justine Frischmann (Elastica): "I just thought it was better to be Pete Best than Linda McCartney."

Brett Anderson (Suede): "I've had fights and feuds but you realise that there's no point throwing that all away. You look back and value the good stuff."

Saffron (Republica): "I don't get it when people say 'just a pop band'. I think being a brilliant pop band is the highest thing you can aspire to."

Noel Gallagher (Oasis): "Rock 'n' Roll is about music, music, music, music. It's not about you, it's not about me, it's not about Oasis. It's about the tunes."

Richard Ashcroft (The Verve): "What do people really believe in any more apart from sport and music?"

Richey Edwards (Manic Street Preachers): "I think if there's one person in the audience every night or one person that buys the album that understands us, that's enough for us."

No comments:

Post a Comment