Monday 11 November 2013

The Clash Quotes

The Clash QuotesMick Jones: "The chemistry of the four of us is so unique. But also each person is the sum of their experiences when they play music."

Paul Simonon: "We weren't a political party, it was all about personal politics."

Nicky Headon: "I was watching The Who on Top Of The Pops, it was My Generation they were doing and I just thought...I want to be Keith Moon."

Joe Strummer: "Anybody who makes speeches written by someone else is just a robot."

Mick Jones: "Rock 'n' roll means so much more to people, it enriches the culture."



Paul Simonon: "I didn't want the role of being Entwhistle or Bill Wyman, stuck in the background. That's too depressing and if that was what I'd been offered with The Clash I would've turned it down."

Mick Jones: "This is an important fact: people prefer to dance than to fight wars."

Paul Simonon: "London Calling was good for me personally as it was a moment of learning how to play the bloody instrument and writing a song."

Joe Strummer: "Being honest with yourself, that's much tougher than beating someone up. That's what I call tough."

Nicky Headon: "It was the chemistry between the four of us. But none of us really knew what made The Clash work."

Mick Jones: "It's nice when people are still interested in what you've done. Maybe they'll be interested in what you're doing now as well."

Joe Strummer: "I don't want to look back. I want to keep going forward, I still have something to say to people."

No comments:

Post a Comment