Wednesday 6 November 2013

Michael Stipe Quotes

Michael Stipe QuotesWhen we first started, we were a band from Athens and that was so off the map.

And I don't expect anyone can bring about a revolution in the way that Bob Dylan did, and didn't, in the 1960's.

I wouldn't survive ten minutes on American Idol.

I think there were early critics who wanted us to change the world because the Sex Pistols failed.

Radiohead are so good they scare me.



New York can do that to you. You come here to change the world but you end up changing yourself.

I grew up in an era where the Banana Splits, the Archies and the Monkees  were the music that I listened to. The Beatles were the music that was playing in the background.

We made mistakes, but they were ours, and that kind of pride of ownership, whether it`s the really good stuff or the bad and embarrassing stuff, is a really good feeling.

Lately I`ve been listening to Q-tip almost non-stop. And Bjork, and Thom Yorke from Radiohead, Natalie Merchant, Grant-Lee Phillips and Courtney Love and Bono. A lot of those people are people that I know and have friendships with. And when they do something great it really challenges me to kind of one-up them.

If I'm tired of me, I'm sure the public is as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment