Thursday 14 November 2013

Elvis Costello Quotes

Elvis Costello Quotes"I can't actually play any instrument properly. I can't read music."

"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture."

"I believe that music is connected by human passions and curiosities rather than by marketing strategies."

"The only two things that motivate me and that matter to me are revenge and guilt."


"It was difficult to develop an original style. I have no idea who it was I might have been imitating. Whether consciously or unconsciously."

"I don't know much about Morrissey. Apart from the fact he sometimes brings out records with the greatest titles in the world that somewhere along the line he neglects to write songs for."

"I've had a lot of different experiences in music over the years.And not everything you do can satisfy everybody's idealised version of you."

"There is something kind of absurd about people who live in such a comfortable, cushioned, spoiled society tattooing themselves and piercing themselves to make them appear tribal. We're trying to act like we're some sort of tribe that's been discovered in the mall."

"You can always say it could be better, but if you're not careful with ambition, the next thing you know you're sailing a statue of yourself down the river."

"I've been lucky to listen to lots of different types of music."

No comments:

Post a Comment