Wednesday 19 June 2013

Police Quotes

Police QuotesStewart Copeland: "I'm the one member of the group who is the biggest fan of the group."

Sting: "It's my job to sing a song I wrote thirty years ago as if I'd written it in the afternoon."

Stewart Copeland: "When we were young, we had to conquer the world. Now I just enjoy playing my drums. I don't have to worry about making my name in music."

Sting: "Your parents name you, but they haven't a clue who you are. Your friends nickname you because they know exactly who you are."

Andy Summers: "I like to show off onstage, and I enjoy the stardom part as well, but I'm glad that Sting has had all that attention, because he's been a fantastic focal point."

Sting: "Assume you're going to make different mistakes than the ones your parents made with you, because you will."

Andy Summers: "Essentially we were a rock band playing rock songs but I was able to bring in some much more unusual guitar stylings as had been previously heard."

Stewart Copeland: "People are disappointed when they hear my American accent because they regard the Police as an English band but I've clung to my American-ness all the way."

Sting: "Sometimes mediocre poetry becomes incredible song material."

Andy Summers: "I don't have a great nostalgia for the past."

No comments:

Post a Comment