Wednesday 10 July 2013

Elton John Quotes

Elton John Quotes"I was just genuinely shy. I'd always been a shy kid."

"Music has healing power. It has the ability to take people out of themselves for a few hours."

"An agent is a person who is sore because an actor gets 90% of what they make."

"I've always wanted to smash a guitar over someone's head. You just can't do that with a piano."

"I'm not a fan of talent shows. I probably wouldn't have lasted if I'd gone on one."

"They influenced me just from the songwriting point of view. Lennon and McCartney, there's no question of it, no one will ever equal the quality of the songs they wrote."

"Every artist who makes it goes through a period where it seems they're invincible. We've seen it with Phil Collins, Bruce Springsteen, Madonna and Prince. It just seems like they can't fail. And then suddenly everything levels off."

"In the early 70's there were at least ten albums released every week that were fantastic. Now you're lucky to find ten albums a year of that quality.

"The whole point of being in this business and being blessed and being successful is that you're able to do things for your friends or your family, which means that they can have something special in their lives, too."

"The great thing about rock and roll is that someone like me can be a star."

No comments:

Post a Comment