Thursday 19 September 2013

Phil Collins Quotes

Phil Collins Quotes"I'm not a singer who plays a bit of drums. I'm a drummer that sings a bit."

"I just don't think of myself as a star. This is what I do for a living; I'm fortunate that I makes ends meet."

"I mean, I was called the ugliest man since George Orwell. What's that got to do with music? And, by the way, how ugly was George Orwell?"

"I grew up in the day when the Beatles sold 1 million singles in a week. And all you've got to do now is sell about 10,000 singles and you're in the charts."

"There's a lot of stuff there that music critics just don't go for. To them, I'm some kind of landmark of middle-of-the-roadness, or I'm not edgy enough, or I've been around too long to be taken seriously."


"I don't own an Abba album and I never had the urge to go and buy one. If you're just talking about well crafted pop songs, they were fantastic."

(On Peter Gabriel) "As far as I'm concerned he is a far more intellectual writer and person than me, and I have a directness that maybe he hasn't. I love this man and his music very much."

"A lot of the older fans think that Genesis should be a brand name for progressive rock or whatever, but actually Genesis is the name for a group of songwriters who have always done whatever they felt like under that banner."

"I like a fair bit of what the Oasis do. They remind me of Beatles...a great band and I like being reminded of Beatles."


No comments:

Post a Comment