Thursday 11 April 2013

Janis Joplin Quotes

"I'm one of those regular weird people."

"Audiences like their blues singers to be miserable."

"On stage I make love to twenty five thousand people and then I go home alone."

"I might be the first hippie pin-up girl."

"If I hold back, I'm no good. I'm no good. I'd rather be good sometimes, than holding back all the time."

"I always wanted to be an artist, whatever that was, like other chicks want to be stewardesses. I read. I painted. I thought."

"Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers. You can fill your life up with ideas and still go home lonely. All you really have that really matters are feelings. That's what music is to me."

"My advice to everyone is come to California and I'll buy you a drink."

"You can destroy your now by worrying about tomorrow."

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got. There is no yesterday, no tomorrow, it's all the same day."

No comments:

Post a Comment