Thursday 25 April 2013

Paul Simon Quotes

"I'm more interested in what I discover than what I invent."

"I don't like fashion. It's very heartless."

"There's something about the sound of a train that's very romantic and nostalgic and hopeful."

"I don't consider myself to be a major talent, so the only solace I can take is to hope I'm growing."

"It's a big error to think that because you like somebody's work, you're going to like him."

"Having a track record to live up to and the history of successes had become a hindrance. It becomes harder to break out of what people expect you to do."



"Anybody can do bad work, but not everybody does good work."

"Being an artist doesn't mean that you're a good artist. That was the bargain I first made with myself: I'd say, I'm an artist, but I'm not really very good."

"I think I have a superior brain and an inferior stature, if you really want to get brutal about it."

"I'm not in it for the money. I like music. I love to write music. I can't imagine myself not playing or singing or writing. It would just drive me crazy if I didn't."

"My whole artistic life has always been about change, change, change, move on, move on. It's the only thing I find interesting."

"We've survived by believing our life is going to get better."

No comments:

Post a Comment