Sunday 7 April 2013

Mick Jagger Quotes


"As long as my face is on page one, I don't care what they say about me on page seventeen."

"I have never wanted to give up performing on stage, but one day the tours will be over."

"People think they know you. They know the things about you that you have forgotten."



"I am not a librarian of my own work. It's a good thing not to be too involved with what you have done."

"I've managed to avoid tattoos so far."

"I don't want to be a rock star all my life. I couldn't bear to end up like Elvis Presley in Las Vegas with all those housewives and old ladies coming in with their handbags."

"I'm totally anti-nostalgia; I never listen to old Rolling Stones records. I'm not really interested in them. They're funny, sometimes, to hear."

"It's an overwhelming feeling, the audience. That must be why most of these people never give up performing. Because they just can't go without that sort of rush."

"People love talking about when they were young and heard Honky Tonk Woman for the first time. It's quite a heavy load to carry on your shoulders, the memories of so many people."

" The Beatles were so big that it's hard for people not alive at the time to realize just how big they were. There isn't a real comparison with anyone now."

"I must be careful not to get trapped in the past. That's why I tend to forget my songs."

No comments:

Post a Comment