Saturday 27 April 2013

Pink Floyd Quotes

Roger Waters: "I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."

David Gilmour: (About Roger Waters) "I'm not very good at holding grudges for very long, but he's done some terrible things."

Syd Barrett: "When we parted I had written everything for the group. My leaving sort of evened things out within the group."


Roger Waters: "Either you write songs or you don't. And if you do write songs like I do, I think there's a natural desire to want to make records."

Richard Wright: "There was this big personality clash between me and Roger, and at the end of the day I realised that I couldn't work with this person anyway, so I left."

David Gilmour: "It's nice to be loved and for one's contribution to be recognized in some way. I suppose I agree that we have had an influence on modern popular music."

Roger Waters: "I have nothing against Dave Gilmour furthering his own goals. It's just the idea of Dave's solo career masquerading as Pink Floyd that offends me."

Richard Wright: "It's a mistake thinking that drugs supplied Pink Floyd with inspiration. The ones who took drugs were the ones who came to see the shows."

David Gilmour: "No one can replace Richard Wright. He was my musical partner and my friend."

Roger Waters: "I am one of the best five writers to come out of English music since the war."

Nick mason: "The recording of The Wall was very tense, mainly because Roger was starting to go a bit mad."

David Gilmour: "Roger doesn't have the right at present to tell me what to do with my life, although he believes that he does. And he'll not ruin my career, al
though lately he's been trying to."

No comments:

Post a Comment