Tuesday 9 April 2013

Joni Mitchell Quotes

"No one likes to have less than they had before. That's the nature of the human animal."

"My goal as a writer is more to comfort than to disturb."

"People used to say nobody can sing my songs but me, they're too personal."

"I thrive on change. That's probably why my chords changes are weird, because chords depict emotions."

"I hate show business."


"My favorite line in all of literature is Rudyard Kipling's monkey: "My people are the wisest people in the jungle, my people have always said so."

"You know, Neil Young is singing 'Rock n' roll will never die', and Neil never rocked and rolled in his life. I mean, he rocked, but he didn't roll. He has got no swing in him."

"When you reach that kind of successful pinnacle, it is the nature of the business and the press and everything that they go about tearing you down."

"I heard someone from the music business saying they are no longer looking for talent, they want people with a certain look and a willingness to cooperate."

"My style of songwriting is influenced by cinema. I'm a frustrated filmmaker. A fan once said to me, 'Girl, you make me see pictures in my head', and I took that as a great compliment."


No comments:

Post a Comment