Monday 29 April 2013

Monkees Quotes

Davy Jones: "Justin Bieber stole my haircut. And Axel Rose stole my dance!"

Peter Tork: "Pop music is aspirin and the blues are vitamins."

Mike Nesmith: (On rejoining the Monkees) "It would be kind of like Ronald Reagan making another movie."

Micky Dolenz: "The best advice I've ever given or received, in or out of the entertainment business, is as follows: get a good lawyer."

Davy Jones: "I keep hearing that any excuse you can give for a Monkees reunion is a good excuse, which doesn't bother me at all, since I couldn't agree more."

Micky Dolenz: "The best (advice) was to never take myself too seriously and never start believing you are the person that people are seeing up on the screen."

Peter Tork: "Pop music, disco music and heavy metal music is about shutting out the tensions of life, putting it away."

Mike Nesmith: "I'm not performing now. What I do now is listen to music all day long. Listening is very nourishing to me."

Davy Jones: "I got hate letters from girls all over America because I wouldn't go to the prom with them."

Peter Tork: "Ringo is one of the world's true humans. The only one out of those four guys, who did not have an agenda. Ringo was just into the music."

Davy Jones: "The Monkees are like the mafia. You're in for life. Nobody gets out."

No comments:

Post a Comment