Wednesday 17 April 2013

Pete Townshend Quotes

"I don't really know any other musicians like me. I grew up backstage with my dad who played in a post war dance band, so I always feel at home at a venue."

"It's not the fact I was brilliant, I am brilliant."

"The day you open your mind to music, you're halfway to opening your mind to life."

"Rock & roll might not solve your problems, but it does let you dance all over them."

"Keith Moon is not interested in Jazz and won't ever be a Jazz drummer because he's more interested in looking good and being screamed at."

"I needed to give back, give back, give back. I felt guilty about my success. I felt uncomfortable about how easily I had been delivered this extraordinary life I had."

"Who's Next is a great record, but it's a compromise. It could have been greater if people's attention span was longer and if vinyl allowed more time."

"The Who By Numbers is high on Roger's list of best ever Who records. He was a real editor on it. I delivered 35 demos and he chose the tracks we'd include."

"What the English like to do is to face reality with a glass of port and a tear and fade off like Basil Rathbone into the sunset."

No comments:

Post a Comment