Monday 8 April 2013

John Lydon Quotes


John Lydon AKA Johnny Rotten, lead singer of the Sex Pistols, was one of the Architects of punk music and fashion.

"Chaos was my philosophy. Oh yeah, have no rules. If people start to build fences around you, break out and do something else. You should never, ever be understood completely."

"Music can describe emotions far more accurately than words ever can. as soon as I realised that, I knew music was where I wanted to be."

"I lost Sid, my best and dearest friend, to heroin, and it's not nice. You've got to get away from drugs as escapism. There's nothing you need to run away from yourself as a human being. Quite the opposite. Learn to love thyself and all will be fine."


 "The day I run out of ideas is the day I stop making records."

"Gandhi is my life's inspiration: passive resistance. I don't want to live in the Thunderdome with Mad Max."

"I'm surprised we aren't in jail for treason."

"The only place I have ever felt truly comfortable is on stage. I still get the nerves and the doubts beforehand, but on stage I feel that's my home."

(On Joe Strummer) "I miss him, by the way. There was something really good about him. He had a good little innocent spark in there, a real soul."

(On occupy Wall Street) "They had no leaders, which was genius. But unfortunately it always ends up with some hippy playing the flute."

"I'm not here for your amusement. You're here for mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment